Crazy Year
MAJESTIC HOMES AND REMODELING LLC - " Enhancing your Image "
RSS

Recent Posts

One day bathroom remodeling
Crazy Year
Home and Lifestyle Expo
Wine Labels
Anderson Testimonial

Categories

remodeling
Thoughts
powered by

My Blog

Crazy Year

It's been a while since I have written any new post on here, well there is a good reason for that. This year has been crazy, busy. The construction and remodeling in the Columbia area is going very strong right now. That is a great sign, but it can still cause issues. The biggest issue we are having right now is scheduling. All of our subcontractors and suppliers are extremely busy causing it to take longer to complete jobs and complete estimates. Part of the problem I believe is a few years ago when things slowed down in the industry, companies down sized. I think some have been a little reluctant to staff to the point they were prior to 2008. Another issue is finding the right people to fill positions they do have. We are trying to find people qualified and willing to work right now. Our response to help wanted post have been very few. As much as I try to explain to clients the current issues in the industry, it can sometimes be hard to get them to understand. They just want there project completed. Being busy is a good problem, but it is still a problem.

Another issue that I have encountered more lately is home owners wanting to get more involved with their projects. I think we can partially blame that on HGTV and the DIY network. I try to explain to potential clients that it doesn't really work that way. It's Hollywood. After watching a few episodes they think they are ready to assist in a kitchen remodel. They are not. The question I get asked a lot is "can we swing the sledge hammer first to break the cabinets". No, we don't do that. We unscrew the cabinets and take them down one by one, so they can be reused or given to Habitat for Humanity. We don't like making a bigger mess than needed. There area few issues we run into we home owners wanting to do part of their own work. One is scheduling. They might have the intentions to get the tear out down in one day, but things come up or they get overwhelmed with how much work it actually is. If they don't complete what they said they were going to do in the time frame they said, it can really mess up scheduling. Two is budget. If we put it in the contract that they are doing a certain part of the project themselves, we have to allow for that in the price. But then what if they don't do what they say they are or they don't do a good job at it. It can cause problems, cost them more money or cost me more money. Three is warranty. We warranty all of all work for 2 years. If a home owner does part of their work and we do part, how can I give a complete warranty? It gets confusing. Four is owners buying there own materials. I buy materials from suppliers that I have worked with for years. I know their reputation and that they take care of an issue if it comes up. When people buy there own materials it can cause the blame game. We blame the manufacturer, they blame us and the owner is caught in the middle. It's just not a good idea. Five is it changes the normal operating procedures. Our employees are use to doing things in certain ways. when a homeowner gets too involved it can cause issue.

I have been in the remodeling and new construction industry for 25 years. I have seen all kinds of different situations and problems. Most issues can be resolved with out being a big problem, but we try to avoid that from the beginning.

32 Comments to Crazy Year:

Comments RSS
apartment aruba on Thursday, September 05, 2013 4:04 AM
Great to know you are still posting here. You're right HGTV and the DIY network seem to have an effect on people trying to remodel their house. Its great that they know something but a little bit dangerous because they know so little.

Aruba Realtors on Friday, September 06, 2013 2:21 AM
Yeah I have to agree with you! Most know people think they know so much after watching a show when all was just Hollywood tricks. Thanks for sharing!

Real Estate Aruba on Thursday, September 26, 2013 3:59 AM
Holywood will always be like that. You can't really rely on things you see on TV because they are edited.

dr martens on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:49 PM
Reply to comment

Student letting agent services in Leicester on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:28 AM
Home remodeling or renovation is fantastic way to give a new look to home. It is one of the best pieces of writing I have seen. Good job.

Mr Peter Andrew Sherwen on Sunday, September 22, 2013 5:34 AM
Boom! A blog about Majestic Homes and Remodeling to keep you up to date on whats going on at our business.

essays on Friday, September 27, 2013 7:56 AM
Oh! Great, these kinds of sites are really helpful for searching good and useful stuff. I’m excited that I found your article. Your information is interesting, compelling and smart.

jecculas on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:40 AM
Yes you are right due to the heavy demand of construction project it's difficult to schedule them all together.It needs planning and a perfect time.

Benchtops on Tuesday, November 26, 2013 4:25 AM
I can see your beautiful work in your shared blogs where you have posted lots of helpful suggestions for home owners. I want to appreciate your effort. good job.

Bond Cleaners Brisbane on Saturday, January 18, 2014 1:59 AM
Plenty of exciting stuff happening with you in last year.. I hope you have much better year this time.

term paper on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:01 AM
To say the fact I am very stunned at what you informed. You discuss plenty of exciting details.It’s certainly one of the most crazy years indeed.

Removals Edinburgh on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 1:40 AM
Interesting post as you have discussed the points very deeply. It has been that kind of year with many new things happening around.

kattee bags on Friday, March 21, 2014 3:11 AM
I'm still learning from you, but I try to reach my goals. Since then enjoy reading all the information that appears on your blog.Keep come. Loved it! Men's handbags

blog on Thursday, May 08, 2014 2:36 PM
blog very nice website blog nice job.

Susan@Allstate Mesa on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 5:27 AM
Before remodeling one must know the insurances issues. We all should know.

obat untuk mendatangkan haid sakit on Sunday, July 27, 2014 2:48 PM
Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your opinions. Any way I�ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

obat tradisional nyeri haid on Sunday, July 27, 2014 6:31 PM

obat sakit haid terlambat on Thursday, September 25, 2014 10:04 AM
This article is very very encouraging to the Christian who is really willing to follow Christ at all costs. All people who consider themselves Christians should read this article!
Reply to comment

obat untuk memperlancar haid tidak teratur on Thursday, September 25, 2014 2:27 PM
I see an awesome improvement in your posting I would love to get in contact. Keep up the fantastic work! Your article is extremely motivational for somebody who is new to this kind of stuff.

obat tradisional nyeri haid hilang on Thursday, September 25, 2014 6:44 PM
Couldn't be written any better. Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this.

yepi on Wednesday, December 03, 2014 11:14 PM
I wish to work will be complete. and the next year will be lucky for everyone.

rolex online store on Wednesday, December 31, 2014 6:41 AM
magnificent issues altogether, you simply gained a new reader. What may you suggest about your submit that you just made a few days ago? Any certain?

title loans norman ok on Friday, February 27, 2015 10:36 AM
While the act of constructing a budget isn't all that sturdy, some individuals do not would like to would love a seat down and face the realities of what quantity cash comes in and goes out of their finances monthly. Once you'll get a handle on what quantity you manufacture and pay on a monthly basis, it's getting to be tons easier to day whereas not work your day loan further as a results of the numerous bills you have thought you down.

unblocked games az on Sunday, April 26, 2015 10:36 PM
Thanks for the great post.

agario on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 9:42 PM
I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to learn extra of your helpful info. Thank you for the post. I will definitely comeback.

hulk games on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 9:43 PM
Wonderful blog! This is very informative site. I am totally pleased by your excellent work. Many thanks for sharing.

http://colorswitchplay.com on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 5:15 AM
There are things I can not understand but I will learn it. I think nothing is too late. Then I realized that I had improved a lot.

www.happywheelsy8.com on Friday, September 01, 2017 3:18 AM
Thanks for sharing this valuable information to our vision. You have posted a trust worthy blog keep sharing.

potaup on Friday, September 22, 2017 2:42 AM
Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write

povaup on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 4:07 AM
I am looking for my memories through the stories, the narrative of people. I feel it is difficult but I will try.

pocatravel on Friday, October 27, 2017 2:30 AM
Explore popular Instagram Travel content easily with users, hashtags, picture, video and more

returnman3game.com on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 3:31 AM
Your article is very interesting. I think this article has a lot of information needed, looking forward to your new posts. Get permission to share: