Kitchen planning takes alot of time and alot of thought. Majestic Homes And Remodeling LLC can help you with every step and every decision. We can schedule an appointment with one of our interior decorators or designers that we work with. A kitchen remodel can be overwhelming if you try to go at it alone. MHAR will lead you through the process to make it less stressful for you and your family. Just remember this quote "The pain of every change is forgotten when the benefits are realized"
Kitchen Planning Questionnaire
This questionnaire is geared to provide us with information to design an idea kitchen suited for you and your family.
1. How many people eat at home on a daily basis?____________
2. How many people eat at home for:
3. Who is the primary cook?________________________________
4. Is the primary cook right or left handed?_____________________
5.Does the primary cook have any physical limitations?_______________________
6.Is there a secondary cook?________________________
7.Is the secondary cook right or left handed? _________
Does the secondary cook have any physical limitations?_____________________
8. Do any other family members help with coking or meal preparation?____________
9.How does the family use the kitchen?
___ Daily heat and serve meals ___Daily full corse meals
___ Weekend quantity cooking ___ Weekend family meals
10. How often and for how many do you entertain formally?______________________
11.When guest are over,do you like them to visit with you while you cook or help you cook?_________________________________________________________________
12. Do you do or want to do any of the following? If so, will you need any special preparation area?
___Can ___ Make pasta ___ Make stock ___ Bake ___ Make candy
___ Dehydrate food ___ Make Ice cream ___ Other__________________
13. Is the kitchen a socializing space?__________________________________
14. What kind of access would you like your kitchen to have to adjacent rooms?
15.What do you least like about your present kitchen?
16. What do you most like about your present kitchen?
17.What are the reasons you would want to change your kitchen?
18. What appliances do you least like to work with and why?
19.What appliances do you like to work with the most and why?
20. Would you do any different type of cooking if you had a new kitchen?
Kitchen planning and designing information
Pull out shelves for canned goods, pots&pans and other kitchen items in pantry cabinets and other kitchen cabinets has become increasingly popular do to convenience and ease of use, however some storage space gets sacrificed due to the design.... a general rule of thumb: with maximum storage space you get less convenient access. With maximum access and convenience you will get less space.
1. In considering your cabinet design and storage,which do you prefer?
____ Ease of use and convenience ____ maximum storage space
____ A mixture of both ____ Not sure yet
2. Do you want to provide space in your new kitchen to recycle any of the following? If yes, please indicate which.
___ Plastic ___ Bottles ___ Newspapers ___ Scrap paper ___ Cans
___ Magazines ___ Other
3. Counter top height:
More than one height in a kitchen is considered good design and lends interest. Do you have any preferences?
___ 34" ___ 36" ___ 38" ___ Varying heights
___ 36" standard ___ 36" side by side ___ 42" side by side
___ 48" side by side ___ Standard depths(30"-33")
___ Euro style (same depth as cabinets) ___ Reuse existing ___ Other
Please indicate accessories you would like on your refrigerator.
___ Ice maker ___ Ice maker and water dispenser in door
___ Filtered water to refrigerator
___ Electric ___Gas ___Electric/griddle downdraft ___ Gas/downdraft
___ Jenair ___Magnetic Induction ___ Halogen ___30" ___36" ___ 42"
___Electric ___Gas ___Single ___Double ___Wall location
___ Under counter location
___Electric free standing ___Electric slide in ___Gas free standing
___Gas slide in ___Dual fuel cooktop oven ___Six burner double oven
___30" ___36" ___42" ___48" ___Other
___Standard microwave ___Convection MW ___Cobination / hood
___Locate on countertop ___Locate below countertop
___In upper cabinets on shelf ___Under upper cabinets with trim kit
___In upper cabinets with trim kit (built in look)
___Designer type(Brass,Copper) ___Hidden in cabinet ___Simple,functional
___Downdraft ___Fan in ceiling or wall ___Microwave/hood combo
___ No hood
___Standard dishwasher ___ Euro style (slightly smaller in height)
___ Special features_______________________________________
Other appliance preferences:
___Trash compactor ___Disposal ___Warming shelf ___More heat(cold area)
5. What type of feeling would you like your new kitchen to have?
6.What colors do you like?_______________________________________________
What colors do you dislike?_____________________________________________
7. Do you want to relocate or change doors,window or walls?____________________
8. Which if any,of the following would you like in your kitchen:
___Study area ___Appliance garage ___Computer ___ Telephone
___Plants/herbs ___Laundry area ___Skylights ___Recycling area(storage)
___Sewing area ___Stereo ___Cookbook storage ___Ironing board
___Television ___Menu planning area ___Patio door ___More windows
___Larger windows ___Other_____________________________________
Sink:Please indicate the type of finish you would like on your sink(If you plan on 2 sinks, mark your selection with 1 or 2)
___Stainless steel ___Cast iron ___Corion ___Other____________________
___Water filter ___Soap dispenser ___Instant hot water ___Disposal
Faucets: Please indicate finish.
___Chrome ___Brass ___Nickle ___Bronze ___Color___________________
___W/separate pullout sprayer ___Euro pullout style(Head) ___Other__________
Please indicate the cabinet style and finishes you are interested in.
___Oak ___Cherry ___Maple ___Hickory ___Painted ___Stained
___White thermofoil ___Natural ___Other____________________________
___Traditional cabinet style ___Contemporary cabinet style
___Glass/door panels ___Open shelving ___Custom Built ___Factory built
9. Have you made any decisions for finishes on the following? If so please indicate(example: tile,vinyl,wood solid surface,oak, ect...)
10. Lighting: For each area,please indicate your lighting preferences.
(Hanging Pendant-HP) (Recessed-R) (Ceiling surface mount-CSM) (Florescent-F)
(Halogen-H) (Dimmer Control-DC)
_____Table _____Over sink _____General area _____Undercabinet
_____Desk area _____Island
If you are looking for a professional company for your home remodeling needs, you have found it. Majestic Homes and Remodeling can take
care of any of your remodeling needs.